#1019 Conversion between Haystack and RealEstateCore/Brick

Chris Breederveld Thu 24 Nov 2022

Hi all,

We are investigating communicating between a Haystack system (SkySpark) and a RealEstateCore system (Azure Digital Twins) and I can't find much information about if anyone has worked on some conversion between the two. It seems the conversion between Brick and RealEstateCore is fairly trivial, so a conversion between Haystack and Brick might also help.

Does anyone here know of any existing tooling or documentation on this topic?

Any info is much appreciated!

Brian Frank Tue 29 Nov 2022

From my understanding RealEstateCore is deferring equip/point modeling to use Brick. So its really more about conversion of Haystack to Brick (which is an ongoing project, just prototypes at the moment though)

Chris Breederveld Tue 29 Nov 2022

Equip/point is indeed delegated to Brick, but the rest of the building (like sites, floors and rooms) are defined in RealEstateCore without Brick.

But judging from your answer there is not much progress on either area I guess. Thanks for the update though!

Nick Gayeski Fri 2 Dec 2022

Chris, You might try looking at this: https://github.com/gtfierro/taglib-experiments/blob/main/README.md There have been some conversations with the BRICK team about these conversion potentials and this documentation was the prototype.

Chris Breederveld Mon 5 Dec 2022

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the information!

Unfortunately "painfully incomplete" (from the docs) quite sums up the status of this project, but at least it's a start!

Login or Signup to reply.