#558 Runtime tagging

Paul Quinn Tue 31 Oct 2017

What is the proper tagging for points that are tracking the run time of a piece of equipment? I want to write a rule that will flag when equipment in lead/lag configurations has significant unequal run time.

I don't see a "runtime" tag. The only tags that seems to come close is the "run" and "total" tags. I'm hesitant to use the "run" tag because we use that tag in conjunction with "cmd" and "sensor" to command equipment on and then check the proof status that it is running. A run time point would have to have "run sensor total" and every reference to "run sensor" would now have to check for not "total".

I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. If this hasn't been fleshed out, I'd like to recommend a "runtime" tag to model points that track the run time of a piece of equipment.

Brian Frank Wed 1 Nov 2017

Hi Paul, past discussions on this topic have treated that not as a first class point, but rather auxiliary data about the actual run/enable point. In reality its just one way to look at the historical trend of that data. If you are trending the point, then you can analyze it runtime correlated against any period (install time, last service time, etc)

Qinpeng Wang Fri 23 Feb 2018

@Paul Quinn

Since runtime should be a calculated virtual point, my two cents are: run, total, virtual(the tag virtual is nonstandard, see #131).

Login or Signup to reply.