#561 Most Stable Version??

Stev Halvorson Mon 13 Nov 2017

I am working on the next major release of a product we have that auto discovers and tied all of the HVAC equipment in a building together. We are looking to upgrade our solution to the next major product release and are considering implementing Haystack. What is the most stable and well-developed version of Haystack programmed in? I was trying to assess this from looking at the Java, C++, Python, Node.js implementations but was looking for more information regarding this. I am also curious about which implementation was used as the flagship project that was used in the demos seen online.

Matthew Giannini Tue 14 Nov 2017

Hi Stev - I have the most experience with the haystack-java library (I help maintain it). It has always been the sort of "reference" implementation for Project Haystack. It is actively maintained, and is a very robust Haystack client.

I cannot really speak much to the other libraries. The last I checked, none of the ones you mentioned supports the new haystack authentication, and I am not sure about their support for the new nested data structures. The java library supports all those things. So I would start there.

Stev Halvorson Tue 14 Nov 2017

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the response. This is helpful information.

Christian Tremblay Tue 14 Nov 2017

The python library is stable but only the client part is implemented. The client part implements the authentication scheme for Skyspark, Widesky and Niagara AX & 4)

Rodolfo del Valle Wed 15 Nov 2017

Hi Stev,

What you are doing sound really interesting. Do you mind if we have a chat? My email is bopodelvalle at gmail

Best regards, Rodolfo

Login or Signup to reply.