#597 Read operation - filter query parser

Rini V Mon 12 Mar 2018

Hi,

I am new to haystack. We have a small scale existing building automation system. We wanted to add project haystack support for it - make it a haystack server. I was thinking of providing a haystack wrapper around existing system.

1. Is there a reference implementation for haystack server which uses a SQL or NoSQL database
  2. Is there a query parser for processing the filter given in read operation already available - I saw the grammar here - https://project-haystack.org/doc/Zinc

Any guidance will be helpful. thank you

Brian Frank Mon 12 Mar 2018

The reference implementations are on /download page. The java toolkit has code almost everything you need. You will just need to map the HServer APIs to your db via JDBC.

Rini V Tue 13 Mar 2018

Thank you Brian. In the java toolkit, I guess we have to extend the HServer class and map to DB calls. What is the other HStdOps in the same folder - Both are having the standard operations listed? It also has functions like db.readAll etc which is confusing me. Could you please explain the function of each file in server folder, if its not too much trouble?

Brian Frank Tue 13 Mar 2018

Look at the TestDatabase source code which provides a concrete example for how to implement the HServer APIs

Login or Signup to reply.