#598 Query on Enabling Authentication on Haystack server Java

Naveen Jadav Wed 14 Mar 2018

Can someone help me with how one can enable Authentication on the Java Haystack server. I see that the HClient has authentication enabled but that needs a server with authentication enabled(ex. skyspark)

Matthew Giannini Wed 14 Mar 2018

Hi Naveen - there is not currently a server-side implementation for authentication. I will plan on adding the following in the next week or so

1. Add onServer callback to AuthScheme. This will be the hook for auth scheme implementations on the server side.
  2. I will implement the onServer callback for the various AuthScheme implementations we have in haystack-java (i.e. Scram, Basic, Folio2, and Hmac)
  3. I will create an abstract class called AuthServerContext which the onServer callback will get when it is called. I will provide stubbed out implementation for that class.

However, if someone/you want to use HServer as the basis for a server implementation, you will need to provide a concrete implementation of AuthServerContext. That will make more sense once I push the code for this. But please note we are not planning on providing an out-of-the-box server that handles plugging in a back end user database or session management. That is what your AuthServerContext implementation would need to do.

Naveen Jadav Fri 16 Mar 2018

Thanks Matthew that would be great help

Login or Signup to reply.