#811 NHaystack and 4.9 Module Signing

Aaron Rickle Mon 11 May 2020

Niagara 4.9 is going to require all modules be properly signed or stations will not start.

Has anyone been working on an update to the NHaystack driver to ensure it will work properly in 4.9?

Here's a link to the release Tridium put out on the subject with some resources:

http://go3.tridium.com/v/I070QSB0D6WPgo370u0GM00

Richard McElhinney Tue 12 May 2020

Hi Aaron,

Eric and I have been discussing this, it's something high on our TODO list. We'll keep you updated on the progress of this.

Cheers, Richard

Rick Tijero Thu 20 Aug 2020

Has there been any update on this?

Richard McElhinney Wed 2 Sep 2020

Hi Ricky,

I hope to provide an update shortly.

Alper Üzmezler Sun 27 Sep 2020

For those that need 4.9 module working. We compiled it for 2.1.2 build.

https://drive.bas.co/s/2YGMJyyNoqPpfDc

We can also compile it for the latest build as well. This would be useful until Richard compiles it.

I could also compile the 3.0.1 beta build if needed.

Ricky Villa Thu 22 Oct 2020

Hey guys, its been almost a month. Has there been an update?

@Alper, do you happen to have 3.0.1 version?

Richard McElhinney Fri 23 Oct 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience on this. There were some background copyright and intellectual property issues that were recently cleared.

I want to thank and acknowledge Jason Briggs and J2 Innovations for remaining committed to nhaystack as an open source project and for allowing the nhaystack code to be signed as a proper Project Haystack code module.

I will be moving to purchase a proper code signing certificate in the next week or so and that will allow builds to be done using a certificte from a CA and will ease the whole process inside Niagara.

In the meantime, it is possible for Niagara Developers to self-sign the code if they do their own builds as outlined in the Niagara documentation.

I will post a new, signed, build as soon as I can.

If anyone has any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to reach out.

cheers, Richard

Alper Üzmezler Sat 24 Oct 2020

Ricky it is here.

https://drive.bas.co/s/B2P6cHiyYxDPFke

I will remove the modules once Richard compiles it.

Richard,

Great news.

Ricky Villa Mon 26 Oct 2020

Awesome! Thanks for the update guys.

@Alper, thanks will try it out.

Kristian Rye Fri 19 Feb 2021

Hey guys. Any news on this post? any signed module available?

Richard McElhinney Sat 20 Feb 2021

Hi Kristian,

I can confirm we have have purchased signing certificates for nhaystack and will be releasing signed modules shortly.

If there is any way you can contribute to this project and help us then please Let me know.

Regards, Richard

Paul Quinn Sun 21 Feb 2021

Will the older 2.1.2 version be signed? I don't use the newer 3.x version due to performance problems on larger supervisors.

Richard McElhinney Mon 22 Feb 2021

Paul,

I personally have no plans to maintain the older version. The next release will contain performance improvements and we will do our best to provide documentation/guidance around these.

You are also free to clone the source code and build it yourself and use the signing tools in the Niagara toolchain with a self-signed certificate to sign the older version.

Richard McElhinney Thu 11 Mar 2021

Hi Aaron and everyone watching this topic. New modules have just been released with code signing.

Leonardo Malacara Tue 22 Feb 2022

Any update? I am trying to start Haystack on Niagara 4.9 but the error is displayed in detail. "Unable to resolve dependency haystack-rt-Tridium-4.9 -> haystack-rt-Tridium-4.7.109.20.4 for nhaystack-rt-BASSG-3.0.1.999"

Does anyone have the haystack-rt-Tridium-4.9.jar file to run on Nagara 4.9?

Alper Üzmezler Tue 22 Feb 2022

I think the stackhub version should work.

Richard McElhinney Wed 23 Feb 2022

Hi Leonardo,

the versions on stackhub.org are signed and should have no problem working in 4.9. For Tridium modules please contact your distributor or Tridium support.

The link for nhaystack modules on stackhub.org is available on the Downloads section of this website.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Login or Signup to reply.