Working Group

#982 Working Group for Level 2 AC and Level 3 DC EVSE

Rick Jennings Fri 15 Apr 2022

Hi! I recently joined the SkyFoundry team as a Data Analytics Application Engineer and am happy to join the Project Haystack community. In my previous role I was a Product Marketing Manager at ABB E-Mobility responsible for 50kW to 360kW Terra EV chargers in North America.

I would like to propose the creation of a working group to help define the units, tags, and other items related to working with device data from Level 2 AC and Level 3 DC Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).

Who in the community would be interested in joining this working group?

Andy Abrams Sat 16 Apr 2022

Rick - I would like to join. Andy Abrams - EVauto

Stephen Frank Sat 16 Apr 2022

I am interested but pretty swamped with work; if possible please also ping me via email when input or reviews are due/needed.

Rick Jennings Tue 10 May 2022

Hi Andy and Stephen,

Thanks for joining this working group!

Recently I have sourced an electric vehicle, a few Level 2 AC chargers, and several charger / charger network API integration details that may be used for us to better understand how the data comes in over various protocols including OPC-UA, Modbus, OCPP 1.6J, and REST API. Obviously, I/we will respect all NDAs in place with various charger and charger network suppliers as we share ideas with the Project Haystack community.

I will submit a proposal that everyone may review after I do more research. In the meantime please reach out to me with any questions or ideas that you have on this forum or directly to me at my email address [email protected]

Also Andy Abrams and I already talk on a regular basis.

We welcome anyone else to come join this working group!

Rick

Patrick Coffey Fri 13 May 2022

Hi Rick,

I'm interested. I've been doing some EV Charger work lately and might be able to help.

Patrick

Durga Prasad Sarilla Fri 13 May 2022

Hi Rick,

I'm interested in joining the group. I have recently got my master's in Data Analytics recently and am interested in working with Haystack Project. I feel my learning can be used here.

Thanks, Durga Prasad Sarilla.

Nick Gayeski Thu 28 Jul 2022

Hi all, I am working with the organizing committee for Haystack Connect and we plan to have a series of working group updates. The conference is virtual and taking place between September 13-15, 2022.

Is there anyone on your WG willing and able to present a good update of the latest activity, or the latest thinking, of your working group for the broader community? This is a good way to get more people engaged and to bring new ideas to the forefront. If you see this as a good opportunity to engage the community, please submit an abstract here to speak at the conference:

https://www.haystackconnect.org/speakers/

Rick Jennings Fri 29 Jul 2022

Hi Nick,

I would be happy to provide an update for the WG. I am out of the office today and will follow up early next week on this.

Thanks, Rick

Login or Signup to reply.